Welcome to the Cy-Fair Fire Department's Firefighter careers portal!
The Cy-Fair Fire Department (CFFD) is located just outside of the Houston City limits. We have a long and successful record of providing fire and emergency medical services to the citizens of northwest Harris County. From its beginnings in the late 1950's, the Cy-Fair FD is now one of the largest, busiest combination Fire Departments in the United States.
CFFD covers the 164-square mile area of Emergency Services District (ESD) #9 in northwest Harris County. Responding from 13 stations strategically located throughout the territory; the men and women of the Department are among the best-trained and equipped firefighters and EMT's in the nation.
All of our current openings are listed through the link below. If you don't see an opening you are interested in, you can sign up to be alerted when new jobs are posted.
All applications are valid for 90 days. After that time, you should submit a fresh application if you still wish to be considered.
Thank you for your interest!
Status: Full-time employee, non-exempt
Salary: Starting $46,900 annually / $18.50 per hour
After release from probation, $54,500 annually / $21.50 per hour
Shift: 46.7 average work hours per week, 9 day rotation with 6 P days
Closing Date for Application: September 9, 2019
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- TCFP Basic Structural Firefighter Certification
- TXDSHS EMT-B Certification
- Possession of a valid Class B, Class B-exempt or CDL drivers’ license issued by the State of Texas, with an acceptable driving record, or ability to obtain within 12 months of hiring.
- Applications must be received by September 9, 2019
- Written Testing conducted September 18, 2019
- Physical Ability Test conducted on September 19-21, 2019
- Panel Interviews conducted the week of September 23, 2019
- Conditional Job Offers sent the week of September 30, 2019
- Employment is contingent upon passing Departmental background check, physical exam and drug screen.
- TCDRS Retirement 7% employee contributions, 2:1 employer match
- 457b 3% employer match
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance – HSA plan with employer contributions to HSA account, 100% employee coverage, 90% dependent coverage
- Employee Life and ADD
- AFLAC available
- Vacation and Sick time
- Education pay